- WLBK is DeKalb County’s News / Talk / Information Station, bringing local information to loyal listeners since 1947.
- The average WLBK listener is aged 35 and older, married, a homeowner with full time white-collar occupation and an average household income of approximately 50k annually. Our largest group of listeners is aged 45-60, the Baby Boomers.
- As a news/talk station, WLBK listeners listen to the radio for longer periods of time than on other types of radio stations; averaging 10.5 hours per week.
- WLBK reaches an audience volume in DeKalb County comparable to that of any other station including Chicago stations, and at a smaller advertising rate.
- In the past few years, WLBK’s News/Talk/Information audience has grown considerably, while the average newspaper circulation has gone down.
- WLBK airs nationally syndicated programs such as The Dave Ramsey Show personal finance program, and AGRI Talk, to mention a few
- WLBK is the local source for High School sports and Chicago Bulls games. WLBK is the flagship station for the Northern Illinois University Huskies.
- WLBK is dedicated to the local community. Local News, Local Weather, Local Interviews, Local Community information.